Research oriented career
PhD (Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand)
ME (NED University of Technology, Pakistan)
BE (NED University of Technology, Pakistan)
Memberships and Affiliations:
Pakistan Engineering Counsel (PEC)
American Society of Refrigeration, Air-conditioning and Heating Engineers (ASHRAE)
Uzair studies Mechanical Engineering as an undergraduate and postgraduate student, at the NED University of Technology, Pakistan. On completing his studies, he was employed as faculty member in Mechanical Engineering Department, NED University before taking a PhD scholarship. He was subsequently awarded his PhD for a thesis entitled “Wind induced heat losses from solar dish receiver systems”. He is currently working as Assistant Professor at NED University.
Clean Energy Technology
- Project on “To design and study a Centrifugal Compressor for Gas Compression Station”, Published by Lambert Academic Publishing’s Foundation (ISBN: 978-3-659-18581-6)
- Project on “Design of Solar Thermal powered Air Conditioner”, Published by Lambert Academic Publishing’s Foundation (ISBN: 978-3-659-11449-6)
- Uzair, M., ur Rehman, N., & Raza, S. A. (2018). Probabilistic approach for estimating heat fluid exit temperature correlation in a linear parabolic trough solar collector. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 32(1), 447-453.
- Rehman, N., Uzair, M., Siddiqui, M. A., & Khamooshi, M. (2018). Regression Models and Sensitivity Analysis for the Thermal Performance of Solar Flat-Plate Collectors. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 1-9.
- Rehman, N., Uzair, M., & Siddiqui, M. A. (2018). Optical analysis of a novel collector design for a solar concentrated thermoelectric generator. Solar Energy, 167, 116-124.
- Uzair, M., Anderson, T.N., and Nates, R.J., 2017, “The impact of the parabolic dish concentrator on the wind induced heat loss from its receiver”, Solar Energy, Vol. 151, pp. 95-101
- Rehman, N. U., & Uzair, M., (2017). The proper interpretation of analytical sky view factors for isotropic diffuse solar irradiance on tilted planes. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 9(5), 053702.
- Uzair, M., Anderson, T., and Nates, R., 2017, “Convective het loss investigation from a couple parabolic dish receiver system”, Proceeding of the 10th Australasian Natural Convection workshop (10ANCW), Auckland, New Zealand.
- Uzair, M., Anderson, T., and Nates, R., 2016, “Impact of dish structure on the convective heat loss from a parabolic dish solar cavity receiver”, Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Solar Research Conference, Canberra, Australia.
- Uzair, M., Anderson, T., Nates, R., and Etienne, J., 2015, “A validated simulation of wind flow around a parabolic dish”, Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Solar Research Conference, Brisbane, Australia.
- Uzair, M., Anderson, T., and Nates, R., 2014, “Wind Flow around a Parabolic Dish Solar Concentrator”, Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Solar Research Conference, Sydney, Australia.
- Uzair, M., 2013, "Investigation of design and performance analysis of Metal hydride refrigeration system hybridized with solar power", Proceeding of International Conference on Energy and Sustainability held at NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan, April 2013
- Advisor, ASHRAE NED Student Chapter (2009-2012)
- Class Advisor (F.E., 2008)
- Faculty Coordinator, ASME NED Student Branch (2007)
- Engineer at Dawlance Pvt Ltd. (2006)
- Internee at K-electric (2004)