ME-606 APPLIED TEG SYSTEMS
Credit Hours = 3
- Thermoelectric effect: Seebeck effect and seebeck coefficient; Peltier effect and Peltier coefficient; Thomson effect and Kelvin relations; Current flow in an Isothermal Conductor.
- Energy states in matter: Electron band structure; Phonon spectrum of solids; Density of states; Carrier density.
- Kinetic formulation of thermoelectricity: Coupled electron heat transport; Electron engineering; Phonon engineering.
- Thermoelectric devices: Ideal and real devices; Performance factors including power factor, figure of merit and dimensionless figure of merit; Device analysis for thermoelectric cooling and thermoelectric power generation; Differential analysis approach; Module specifications and typical number.
- Thermoelectric Materials: Classical thermoelectric materials; Commercial materials: oxides, half-Heusler; Nanostructures; Complex materials. Applications: Solar thermoelectrics; Waste heat recovery systems; Automobiles.