ME-616 MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT
Credit Hours = 3
- Maintenance Strategies: Breakdown Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance, predictive maintenance etc.
- Total Productive Maintenance: Pillars of total productive maintenance, measurement of overall equipment effectiveness (O.E.E.), Analyzing and categorizing the failure data in TPM.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance: RCM components, RCM decision diagram, risk assessment, failure finding and calculating acceptable risk, FMEA.
- Maintenance Planning, Scheduling and Execution: Principles of maintenance planning, determination of crew size, queuing theory application in maintenance, maintenance work order.
- Mathematical Modelling: Mathematical modeling for corrective and preventive maintenance etc. Simulation : Monte Carlo Simulation, Machine reliability :Concept of reliability in machine maintenance , MTBF, MTTR , Failure rate , Hazard rate ,bath tub curve , Application of Weibull distribution ,Poisson distribution , Normal distribution, Lognormal distribution for calculating machine reliability Establishing the cost and controls of maintenance: Estimating the repair cost estimating the maintenance cost, cost control for effective operation , maintenance budgeting Measuring maintenance performance key indicators Current trends in maintenance management.