ME-420 OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
Theory = 2
Practical = 0
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLOs)
|1||Development network models and apply techniques to solve Project Scheduling problems||Coginitive
|2||To demonstrate the understanding of operations management in the overall business strategy of the firm by applying relevant techniques||Coginitive
|3||Apply method of statistical quality control for process improvement||Coginitive
- Industrial Management & Systems: Introduction to industrial management and administration, System concept, Functions of Management, Managerial decision making, Models as decision aids.
- Plant Location: Factors affecting location, Multiplant location, Location analysis, Plant layout, Types of layout, Material handling consideration in layout, Internal and External balancing, product and process layout analysis, Layout comparison.
- Production Planning and Control: Product design, Pre-production planning, Production control for intermittent and continuous process; MRP (Material Requirements Planning), MRP inputs and outputs, Types of MRP; Job shop scheduling; Machine arrangement problems; Control for maximum profit; Scheduling techniques.
- Quality Control: Sampling risk and economics of sampling; OC (operating characteristic) curve and sampling plan; Average outgoing quality; Sampling methods; Attribute and variable sampling, Concept of control chart, Process Variability; , R, MR, p, np, c and u charts.
- Methods Analysis: Process chart; Man-Material flow charts; Work station flow charts; Man-Machine charts. Motion study; Principles of motion economy; Applications, Simo chart.
- Work Measurement: Stop watch time study procedures, Timing methods, Performance rating, Total normal time, Allowance factors, Continuous production study, Work sampling procedures, Predetermined motion time techniques. Wage incentive plan and job evaluation.
- Inventory Control and Forecasting: Inventory Control, Functions of Inventory, Economic order quality model, its limitations, Economic lot size, Safety stock, Stock out cost, Inventory systems, Inventory system under uncertainty, Quantity discount; Forecasting; Moving average and weight moving average; Capacity Planning.
- Project Management: CPM (Critical Path Method) & PERT (Project Evaluation and Review Technique).
(01) Operations Management by Jay Heizer & Barry Render
*For details of Taxonomy Levels CLICK HERE!