EE-373 MACHINE CONTROL SYSTEMS
Theory = 3
Practical = 1
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLOs)
|1||Ability to develop mathematical models of physical systems in t-domain after learning basics of control systems. (Differential Equations, Transfer Function and State Space Model)||Coginitive
|2||Use of Laplace tool for the design and analysis of control systems and their stability criteria in s-domain||Coginitive
|3||Ability to investigate First, 2nd and higher order complex systems and anticipate their response using time domain specifications||Coginitive
|4||Ability to employ theoretical control system concepts of time and frequency domain on MATLAB/Simulink||Psychomotor
- Introduction, instrumentation and control system terminologies.
- Open loop and closed loop system.
- Mathematical models of physical systems, transfer function, interaction and non-interactive system,
development block diagrams tachometers and signal conditioning activator.
- Transient response of first and second order system, steady state analysis, Transportation lag, dynamic response of a gas absorber and heat exchange.
- Controller design, P control, I control, PID control, stability criteria, root locus method, frequency response of control system, D control ( bode diagram, Nyquist diagram).
- Introduction to nonlinear system.
- Simulation of control system.
(01) Linear Control System Analysis & Design with MATLAB by D'Azzo
(02) Control System Engineering by Norman Nise
*For details of Taxonomy Levels CLICK HERE!