CY-109 APPLIED CHEMISTRY
Theory = 3
Practical = 1
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLOs)
|1||Describe the concept of physical and analytical chemistry for engineering applications||Coginitive
|2||Explain water treatment methods, extraction of metals and its purification and different concepts of physical chemistry||Coginitive
|3||Solve the problems of thermochemistry, electrochemistry, gases, liquids and fuels||Coginitive
|4||Operate & manipulate with guidance the measurements of physical and chemical parameters||Psychomotor
- Gases: Gas Laws.Kinetic gas equation. Vandar Waal's Equation, Critical phenomenon. Liquidification of gases, specified heat (molar heat capacity), properties of Solution Surface Tension, Viscosity, Osmosis and Osmotic Pressure.
- PH-Buffer Solution & Liquids: Spectrophotometer, Basic concepts of Colloidal Chemistry. Classification purification (dialysis).
- Thermo-chemistry: Chemical thermodynamics, Hess's Law. Heat of reaction, Bomb Calorimeter, Relation between H and U measurement of heat reaction.
- Electrochemistry: Laws of Electrolysis. E.M.F. series. Corrosion (Theories, inhibition & protection)
- Water & Sewage: Sources of water, impurities, hardness, water softening, purification of water for potable and industrial purposes, electro-dialysis and introduction to environmental pollution. Main sources and effects. Sewage treatment.
- Fuels: Types of fuels. classification of fossil fuels.
- Metals & Alloys: Properties and general composition of metals and alloys such as Iron. Copper. Aluminum. Chromium. Zinc used in engineering field Engineering Materials.
- Inorganic Engineering Materials: Cement. Class Organic engineering materials: Polymers. Rubbers. Plastics and Paints, Semiconductors and Dielectric.
(01) Chemistry (The molecular nature of matter and change) by Martin Selberberg
*For details of Taxonomy Levels CLICK HERE!