EM-503 STRATEGIC PLANNING & DECISION MAKING
Credit Hours = 3
- Critical issues in shaping the competitive strategy for engineering-driven companies in a turbulent business environment.
- Corporate mission; Key Result Areas and situational analysis including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Identifying planning assumptions, critical issues, setting objectives, formulating strategy. Managing technology as a strategic resource of the firm
- Understanding of the process, roles and rewards of technological innovation
- Integrating the strategic relationship of technology with strategic planning, marketing, finance, engineering and manufacturing
- Government, societal and international issues; Issues pertaining to cultural diversity and ethical concerns. Subjective, judgmental and expert decisions
- Conflict resolution in strategic decisions involving technological alternatives; Hierarchical decision modeling; Individual and aggregate decisions
- Decision discrepancies and evaluation of group disagreements.