EM-501 ORGANISATIONAL SYSTEMS
Credit Hours = 3
- Definitions of management
- Evolution of management thought, classical, quantitative and behavioural schools
- Interactions between organizations and their environments. The planning process
- Strategic and tactical planning, developing planning premises, nature of managerial decision making, quantitative aids, management by objectives.
- Organizational structures; Behaviour of the individual, work group, and organization
- Coordination and spans of control, the informal organization; authority delegation and decentralization, groups and committees, managing organizational change and conflict.
- Motivation, performance and satisfaction; Building a high-performance team; Leadership, interpersonal and organizational communication, staffing and personal function.
- The control process; Budgetary and non-budgetary methods of control; Team performance measurement and improvement strategies.
- Use of management information systems.