ME-571 ENERGY STORAGE
Credit Hours = 3
- Thermal energy storage, phase change materials, compressed air energy storage, pumped hydro storage, hydrogen storage, electrochemical energy storage, solar thermal energy storage, energy storage for medium to large scale applications.
- Alkaline, lead acid, nickel cadmium, nickel, cadmium hydride, lithium ion and lithium polymer and other types of batteries.
- Integration of energy storage systems, effect of energy storage on transient regimes in power system. .
(01) Large Energy Systems Storage Handbook by Frank Barnes & Jonah Levine
(02) Energy Storage for Power Systems by Andrei Ter-Gazarian
(03) Energy Storage by Robert Huggins
(04) Battery Management Systems; Design by Modeling by H. Bergveld, W. Kruijt & P. Notten