MS-569 TIDAL & WAVE ENERGY
Credit Hours = 3
- Ocean as a source of energy, types of ocean energy, wave energy, wave energy conversion systems.
- Hinged contour wave energy converters, Pelamis wave power system, Energy from ocean currents, marine turbine.
- Heaving buoy wave energy conversion system.
- Shoreline wave energy conversion systems, tapered channel system, Salivation energy, membrane salivation system, Osmosis engine, Ocean thermal energy converter (OTEC).
- Tidal energy conversion system, seawater impoundment, ebb and tide, best tidal energy site selection, dam design, turbine types, Turbine farms, power transmission, ecological impact of impoundment.