ME-565 GEOTHERMAL ENERGY
Credit Hours = 3
- Introduction, identification of geothermal resources, exploration techniques.
- Geothermal well drilling, geothermal reservoir engineering, geothermal electric power plants.
- Single flash steam power plants, geo-fluid gathering system, piping layout, flashing process, separation processes.
- Double flash power plants, dry-steam power plants, binary cycle power plants.
- Advanced geothermal energy conversion systems, system modeling, power economics.
(01) Geothermal Power Plants: Principles, Applications, Case Studies and Environmental Impact by Ronald DiPippo
(02) Geothermal Energy: Utilization and Technology by Mary H. Dickson & Mario Fanelli
(03) Geothermal Energy: Renewable Energy and the Environment by William E. Glassley
(04) Geothermal Energy: From Theoretical Models to Exploration and Development by Ingrid Stober & Kurt Bucher