ME-563 WIND ENERGY: DESIGN & INTEGRATION
Credit Hours = 3
- Introduction to wind power systems, system arrangement and operation.
- Performance measures, energy yield.
- Design of standalone and grid connected wind systems.
- Grid codes, voltage and frequency control, wind farm protection.
- Wind energy systems - modelling, operation and characteristics of wind generators, wind farms, aggregated generator model, integration of wind farms to grid.
- Modelling and simulation of wind farms on software such as GH Windfarmer, TRNSYS and RETScreen.
(01) Wind Power Plants: Fundamentals, Design, Construction and Operation by Robert Gasch & Jochen Twele
(02) Wind Energy Handbook by Tony Burton, Nick Jenkins, David Sharpe & Ervin Bossanyi
(03) Wind Energy Engineering by Paramod Jain
(04) Wind Turbines: Fundamentals, Technologies, Application, Economics by Erich Hau & Horst von Renouard
(05) Grid Integration of Wind Energy Conversion Systems by Siegfried Heier & Rachel Waddington