ME-559 PROCESS & ENERGY INTEGRATION
Credit Hours = 3
- Review of fossil fuel based power plants and renewable energy sources.
- Global trends in the utilization of renewable energy technologies.
- Fundamental equations and thermodynamic potentials.
- Forecasting for renewable energy based power generation systems, optimal placement and sizing of renewable energy plants.
- Challenges and solutions for renewable energy system integration at the building, substation, and grid levels.
- Grid codes and regulations for renewable energy sources integration.
- Network support technologies (energy storage, demand side management, metering issues, smart/micro grid).
- Challenges of renewable energy integration into distribution and transmission systems (Frequency Control, Voltage Regulation, Power Quality, Harmonics).
- Economic aspects of renewable energy integration in Electricity Market – income from electricity sales and Feed-in Tariffs.
- Planning procedures and safety issues for renewable energy projects.
(01) Integration of Alternative Sources of Energy by Felix Farret & Marcelo Simaues
(02) Renewable Energy in Power Systems by Leon Freris & David Infield
(03) Integration of Green and Renewable Energy in Electric Power Systems by Ali Keyhani, M. Marwali & Min Dai