ME-558 ENERGY MODELING & FORECASTING
Credit Hours = 3
- Energy modeling techniques, probability distributions.
- Solar radiation deterministic models,linear solar energy models, non-linear solar energy models, spatial solar energy models, load curves.
- Probability distribution analysis of solar irradiation, time series modeling of solar radiation, smoothing techniques, Box Jenkins Model, ACF and PACF plots, ARIMA model.
- Wind turbine power curve modeling techniques, application of Rayleigh and Weibull distributions in wind resource assessment.
- Design of Experiments, ANOVA, Regression technique.
- Probabilistic modeling of energy systems.
(01) Applied Data Analysis and Modeling for Energy Engineers and Scientists by T. Reddy
(02) Solar Energy Fundamentals and Modeling Techniques by Zekai Sen
(02) Solar Radiation and Daylight Models by Tariq Muneer