ME-555 ADVANCED THERMODYNAMICS
Credit Hours = 3
- Thermodynamic system and properties, Continuum principle, Macroscopic and microscopic viewpoints of thermodynamics.
- Concept of equilibrium, Concept of temperature using Boltzmann distribution, Four laws of Thermodynamics and their consequences.
- Fundamental equations and thermodynamic potentials
- Maxwell relations, Thermodynamic cycles, Chemical potential, Phase and reaction equilibria in single and multi-component system
- Entropy Generation and Minimization, Rational efficiencies in energy systems.
- General Exergy Analysis
- Thermodynamics of Irreversible Processes, Thermodynamic analysis of energy interactions in renewable energy systems.