SK-302 CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
Credit Hours = 0
Contact Hours = 3
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLOs)
|Contribute towards peaceful environment in industry by diffusing conflicts
|Seek effective solutions to make boost team work and reduce friction between team members
- Create an effective atmosphere: Conflict are natural and can arises in almost any circumstances. Students will learn to mitigate those circumstances and create peaceful work environments.
- Clarify perceptions: Students will learn to break mental barrier between colleagues and help them each in constructive team players. Having good perceptions about each other create an atmosphere of cooperation.
- Focus on individual and shared needs: Unless a person is heard and needs are met, one cannot contribute fully in his or her assigned roles. Students will learn how to break ice and needs of their teams.
- Build shared and positive power: ‘Unity is strength’ and ‘positivity’ is a great force for constructive engagements. Students will learn the art of building bridges between employees and learn to effectively subdue negative thoughts.
- Deal with past: Past often becomes the enemy of the future. One must have to reconcile with their past in order to become a better person. Team players often develop animosity with each other and focus on settling scores with each other. Students will learn how to remove such feelings as team leaders.
- Generate Options: Students will learn how to create win-win scenarios in a corporate environment and avoid dead-end solutions and scenario which can undermine the spirit of the team.
- Develop ‘do-ables’: Plan is necessary to get achievement, conflict resolution becomes a huge task with both sides having justified reason to continue destructive behavior. Students will learn how to effectively diffuse conflicts in tense situations.
- Make mutual-benefit agreement: Win-Win scenarios best helps in addressing conflicts and convince both parties to hold to the path of cooperation and benefit.
*For details of Taxonomy Levels CLICK HERE!