MC-541 DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING & MACHINE VISION
Credit Hours = 3
- Introduction: Human Vision vs Machine Vision, Scene Constraints, Optics.
- Image Acquisition and Pre-processing: Sensors for Image Acquisition, Camera Interfaces and Video Standards, Image Sampling and Quantization, Image Pre-processing (Point, Global and Neighbourhood Operations), Image Filters, Edge Detection Techniques.
- Image Analysis Techniques: Image Segmentation, Edge Based and Region Based Segmentation, Edge Linking and Boundary Detection, Matching, Image Feature Extraction, Mathematical Morphology.
- Image Transforms: Continuous Image Mathematical Characterization, Discrete Image Mathematical Characterization, Discrete Fourier Transform, Other Image Transforms; Object Recognition and Image Understanding: Knowledge representation, Pattern Classification, Neural Nets.
- Advanced Research Areas in Machine Vision: Geometry for 3D Vision, 3D Objects Representation and Modelling Techniques, Machine Vision: Robot Vision and Industrial Application.