ME-507 POWER PLANT DESIGN
Credit Hours = 3
- Introduction to Power Plant Design: Design problems covering loads, cycles and equipment for modern power generation, including combustion to nuclear power.
- Internal Combustion Engine Plants: Analysis of performance and operating characteristics of automotive engines, combustion, ignition, fuels to lubrication and emissions.
- Steam Turbine Power Plant: Principles of design, interaction of various units, fuels, emission.
- Gas Turbine Power Plant: Principles of design, interaction of various units, fuels, emission, combined cycle plants.
- Emission and Pollution Control: Analysis of emanating gas and pollutants from various types of plants, changes in emission caused by the operating variables, engineering aspects of pollution control.